Following last December’s well attended public exhibition, A2Dominion has reviewed and considered all the feedback it received and submitted its NW Bicester ‘Masterplan Vision’ to Cherwell District Council in March 2014.
This and other related documents have continued to be updated and can be viewed at www.nwbicester.co.uk. The role of the Masterplan will be to guide the future development of NW Bicester over the next 25-35 years.
A2Dominion is now progressing proposals which will form two outline applications along with a detailed planning application for the associated infrastructure elements of the wider Masterplan. Prior to submitting the applications to CDC, A2Dominion is keen to engage with the local community and is hosting a further public exhibition in Pioneer Square, Bicester on Friday 20th and Saturday 21st June.
Visitors will have the opportunity to view, discuss and comment upon the proposed plans and members of the project team will also be on hand to answer any questions and talk through the details of the proposals. Feedback forms will also be available and further information is available by contacting the project’s freephone information line on 0800 298 7040, email or via the website www.nwbicester.co.uk.
About the proposals
A2Dominion is now preparing two outline planning applications for approximately 518 acres. We’re also preparing a detailed planning application for the infrastructure of the Masterplan, such as roads.
The outline planning applications:
- 126.6 acres north of Howes Lane.
- 392 acres north of Lords Lane.
In total, they seek planning permission for the following land uses:
- Up to 3,500 new homes, including 30% affordable and 250 extra care apartments for the elderly.
- Around 80 hectares of open and green spaces, incorporating play, allotments, a woodland burial ground and a country park.
- Up to 6,900 square metres of business and commercial space, including offices and local business units.
- Up to 3,250 square metres of retail and leisure space, incorporating convenience stores, and space for cafes.
- Up to 5,375 square metres of community space, including nurseries, a community hall, and rooms and a health centre.
- Two-form entry primary schools and one secondary school.