The projected number of new homes for the 1,000 acre site is up to 6,000 based upon sound planning principles for a site located on the edge of the town which allows all of the PPS1 eco town principles to be incorporated.
Types of housing will be in line with the expected future growth for Bicester. The mix of properties will be varied and include a full range of 1,2,3,4 and 5 bed housing; this will predominately be in the form of houses but will incorporate some bungalows and flats.
Homes will be designed to fit in with, and enhance, the existing town and will incorporate 30% affordable housing in line with Cherwell District Council policy and the PPS1. Specialist housing, such as extra care accommodation, will also be incorporated along with other specialist tenures where there is an identified need.
All of the homes will be built to true zero carbon standards and the development will be the first of its kind of this scale in the UK.
- be built to lifetime homes space standards
- be built to a minimum code level 4 for Sustainable Homes
- incorporate water conservation measures to achieve water neutrality
- be highly insulated and achieve high air-tightness
- have low energy equipment throughout
- incorporate highly efficient photovoltaic (PV) solutions
- have 100mbps superfast fibre optic broadband
- be more energy efficient
- be provided with opportunities to provide extra space to enable home working; for example roof trusses in the loft space, or garages convertible to office or work spaces.