Our environmentally-friendly and family-friendly houses feature all the conveniences of home, without the carbon.
We’ve chosen the best eco-design and eco-build methods for our houses to make it easy for you to lead a sustainable lifestyle.
The homes are not intended to look any different from those most of us live in. Our aspiration is very much to create a community that anyone would feel comfortable living in, whilst at the same time using materials and incorporating innovative technologies that enable residents to live a zero carbon, green lifestyle.
Made from sustainable materials
You’ll be able to choose from a range of attractive houses made from environmentally-friendly timber frames. Where possible we’ll use sustainable local materials to reflect the local building style.
How eco-homes keep the bills down
Our well-insulated homes will retain warmth but not over-heat, and re-use water and energy wherever possible. They’ll have:
- Triple glazed windows, highly air-tight doors, cavity and roof insulation to retain heat
- High energy efficient rated appliances that use less energy and water
- Energy efficient ventilation that captures escaping heat and re-uses it
- 30m2 of solar panels to generate electricity on every roof
- Rain water harvesting that recycles waste water; saving bills and energy
- No boiler – a Central Heat and Power System supplies heat and hot water (saving bills and maintenance)
Built for modern lifestyles
Our eco homes make the most of modern technology with high-speed broadband (100MB) in every home. And an in-home information system that tells you everything from how much power and water you’re using, to when the next bus to town arrives at your closest bus stop. There’s even an electric car charging point, ready for the next generation of cars.